Tuesday, February 8, 2011

P.O.P. Day 9: Silver Linings


Not everyday is going to be a great day. Today I, like all my fellow CNYers, had to drive to work in less than optimal conditions. It took me an hour and 20 minutes to make a 40 minute journey. I was both frustrated and a little freaked out. Last Tuesday was the same. 2 Tuesdays before that, I flipped. But once I step back and look at the situation, this particular cloud isn't as stormy as it could be.
a. I have job to have to drive to.
b. I have a car to drive to said job.
c. I lived to tell my whiny story.
d. The weather is making me a stronger driver.
e. It also makes me appreciate the other 3 seasons MUCH more.
f. Making it home is so much sweeter.

The next stop on the whiny train is this freakin' head cold. Sneezing, blowing my nose, feeling like I have 200 lb. weights in my face. How could there possibly be a silver lining to this you ask?
a. Except in very extreme cases, head colds aren't fatal.
b. In what other circumstances (besides infancy) is it okay to sleep for 13 hours?


Life happens. It is what you make of it that's important. I am choosing to see the bright side and polish up that silver lining. I challenge you to do the same. What is happening in your life that seems horrible, but actually has a glimmer of goodness?

No comments:

Post a Comment