Wednesday, February 16, 2011

P.O.P. Day 17: Actions Speak Louder Than Words


I have always been a big believer in this sentiment, if if I haven't always been the best practioner. I have often fallen victim to assumption. "_______ will know what I am thinking/feeling/wanting about this situation. I don't need to tell ______ and certainly don't need to spell it out by showing them." WRONGOLA!

You may not realize this, but our friends and families are not mind readers. Shocking, right?

In 2011, I hope to be able to not just talk the talk, but also walk the walk. If I want to be treated with respect, I must show respect. If I would like a little more affection (and really, who doesn't), I am prepared to show it. Now, I don't want this to be a one way street. I hope that those folks that I interact with regularly give a little more action.

I'm not saying that I don't see this already to some extent. Jen  and I make food and share it as an expression of our friendship, Sarah stocks my favorite tea for chats over the Doctor, my kids bring me ice cream and make P&F references all the time, Kevin loads his Netflix queue with cartoons. I want to do more. I want us all to do more.

Action is eloquence.  ~William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment