Thursday, February 17, 2011

P.O.P. Day 18: Everything Happens For A Reason

Yes, even crappy stuff. Now, don't argue with me about this one. I know that your Mom may have said this to you as a kid and you resist agreeing with her. Me too, me too but I think that she may have been on to something with this one.



 Even the bad stuff helps to develop who we are. Adversity shows us that we are stronger than we think, can do things we never thought that we could, and still survive. When they said "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger", I think in a way this is what they meant. Hard decisions can hurt your head, twist your heart, and scramble your stomach but in the end, you are prouder having made them. You truly own them.

Good stuff, obviously, has a reason as well. It lifts us up, restores our faith, allows us to believe that miracles can happen. The biggest benefit of the good is to balance the difficult. And you know how I feel about balance...

Good or bad, every action and decision helps to make us who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment