Sunday, February 6, 2011

P.O.P. Day 7: Friends are the Family You Choose

"One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives."
-- Euripides


I have been blessed in my life with many friends. Some I have known for since childhood, some only a few months. Some are years older than me, some are young enough to be my children. And every single one of them is equally important to me and fulfill integral roles in my life.

My oldest friends know where I come from and how hard I have worked to become the women that I am. My newer friends have the benefit of the more confident and self-assured Weas. Each version of me is a little different and a little nutty, but equally genuine. I hope that my friends know how much they have helped to shape each and every version. They appreciate my off-kilter sense of humor, they bolster my confidence, they laugh with me, they cry with me.

Without them, I would have had a much harder time making it through 2010. For that, I am eternally grateful. I am striving to be a better friend to all of them.  Please know how much I love you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment