Thursday, February 3, 2011

P.O.P. Day 4: Balance

If you know me well, you know that balance is important to me. Okay, maybe not physical balance (I fall over all the time) but balance in my life. I tend to keep pretty busy between work, directing shows, training, my own jewelery business, maintaining relationships, and once in a while, relaxing (gasp!). The key to doing all these things is balance.


I have, at times, struggled with spending too much time in one area of my life and neglecting others. I can get so caught up in rehearsals and set plans that I don't spend as much quality time with friends. I sometimes get so involved in the day-to-day of paying bills and doing my job that the studio feels like a foreign place.

In the coming year, I hope to be able to prioritize my life in a way that means most to me. That may mean that a basket of laundry stays unfolded so that I may go on a hike with someone special. The other side of the coin is that I may not always be able to get in that extra run because I have to teach a class or work on the set.  My goal, however, is to concentrate on what I am doing at the moment and truly enjoy it. What are you doing to keep your life in balance? My scales may not always be in balance, but keeping in mind what is important will surely help. One can't be a superman in every aspect of their life, you can only do what you can do. Don't forget to give yourself a break.

"The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man." ~Euripides

No comments:

Post a Comment