Friday, February 4, 2011

P.O.P. Day 5: Follow Your Dreams

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Many of of feel stuck in our lives...bored with our homes, unsatisfied with our jobs, trapped in a less-than-fulfilling relationship, the list goes on. We begin to think that we deserve what we have and resign ourselves to our lot in life. But why? We deserve a whole lot more than we give ourselves.

In the coming year, I would like to take inspiration from my friends. I have three friends who are branching out and following their path and I have decided that they have the right idea. One quit her job and is pursuing her passion by going to culinary school, another is in nursing school, and a third is preparing to take his GRE. These friends are inspirational to me because they didn't just sit and let life happen to them. They have made monumental  decisions to make their lives happier. All three have chosen different career paths later in life and will be more fulfilled because of it.

My life is busy and in many ways rewarding. I will be the first to admit that it is my creativity drives me most. Directing shows and designing jewelry are my passions. As 2011 unfolds before us, I plan on making those parts of my life a priority. I would love to be a full-time jewelry designer when I grow up. I need to take steps to make that dream a reality. What am I waiting for? Nothing is holding me back but me. No more.

Look out world, here I come!



No comments:

Post a Comment