Thursday, February 24, 2011

P.O.P. Day 25: Be Present

I am a dreamer. I am a hoper. I am a wisher.
I am also a rememberer. I am an anniversary maker. I can dwell on the past.

For today (and hopefully onward), I would like to dedicate more time on being present. I don't just mean living for this exact moment. I want to do that more too, but I also mean appreciating what I have at this moment as well. That could be something as simple as  cup of tea or as meaningful as an overall feeling of contentment. I want to really be mindful of each experience.

I do not want to foresee the future. I am concerned with taking care of the present. God has given me no control over the moment following. ~Gandhi

I want to notice the taste of my tea, the warmth, the aroma, how it makes me feel.
I want to appreciate every touch of another's hand. I want to revel in whatever is making me content, cultivate that feeling so that I can bring it back again.

Memories are powerful. So are dreams and goals. But don't discount this moment either. This moment is your life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment