Wednesday, February 2, 2011

P.O.P. Day 3: Just Let It Go



I am an elephant. I have a long memory for almost everything--the good, the bad, the mundane, the trivial, the bizarre. Because my mind works in this way, I often hold on to things much longer than necessary. This is a particular issue when I take something personally. In a perfect world, I would be able to just let things roll off my back and realize that it is not always about me. I am working on that one.

This morning, someone in my world did something that angered me and that I took personally.  I acted out on that anger this morning and could have let my annoyance ruin my day. I had to actively work on letting it go. Maybe it was personal, but it could also be due to outside factors. Regardless, why am I letting it bother me so much? Resentment and annoyance just sap our positive energy and make us miserable.
Are you holding on to something that makes you feel that way? Just let it go. You'll be happy that you did.
Having a grievance or a resentment is like drinking poison and thinking it will kill your enemy. - Nelson Mandela

1 comment:

  1. Take responsibility for your last bad decision, and then let it go. Don't blame others or make excuses for yourself. - @DeepakChopra

    See? Even Deepak agrees with me :)

    ReplyDelete