Monday, February 7, 2011

P.O.P. Day 8: Growing Older, But Not Up

Today's thought comes from on the this country's preeminent philosophers, Jimmy Buffet:

I'm growing older but not up.
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck.
Let those winds of time blow over my head.
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

I certainly agree with Jimmy on this one. And this quotation may interpreted so many ways:
  • You are only as old as you feel.
  • Seize the day.
  • Live for every moment.
  • Don't wait for life to happen.
  • Maintain your childlike innocence.
Today may be cold and blustery where you live or it may be toasty and warm. Maybe the team that you were rooting for lost, maybe they won. Maybe you feel like nothing is going your way. Don't lie down and just let that happen.  Explore the wonder that is the world around you. Appreciate what you have and strive for what you want. And remember that age is just a number, not a restriction.

Make the most of your Monday. It's your chance to start off a whole new week in a positive way.



No comments:

Post a Comment