Friday, March 25, 2011

P.O.P. Day 54: Bloom Where You Are Planted


I know that I talk alot about following your dreams and being the best version of yourself possible. And trust me, I believe wholeheartedly in that. I also believe in living in the present and not wishing your life away.

My future may take me to new places, new situations, and new ventures but my present has me here, living the life that I am accustomed to in familiar surroundings. That doesn't mean that this can't be my best life right now. Three years from now, I may have the opportunity to live my best life right then.

Everyday has the chance to be your best day. It may not always seem that way, especially when work has us frazzled, housework is stressing us out, our family obligations are a chore rather than a delight, but the opportunity exists. It may just be that you are content to have a level day...no wild emotional ups, no disheartening downs. There is a lot to be said for the status quo. While it could never be said that I am a boring person, some days I am happy just to be consistently "flat". Your best day could be doing very little--resting as much as you need, not having anything relying on you--total relaxation. It could be that the chaos of a loving family may be perfection for you. Point being, don't try to manufacture a perfect day or a perfect situation or encounter. Chances are that it will not live up to you expectations. Instead, turn your face towards the sunshine and warmth and allow yourself to bloom regardless of the other circumstances. It just may turn out to be a better day than you anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment