Thursday, March 24, 2011

P.O.P. Day 53: The word of the day is...

FOCUS!

Now, my students will tell you that focus is the word of the day everyday. They are right. I tell them that everyday. Unfortunately, lately, I have not been living that way.

I think it is important to decide what is important to you in all aspects of your life. That way you can feed the good and necessary and maybe put some things that are not so important on the back burner.

So in an effort to refocus on my work life, I just purged my office of extra papers, created some new files, de-cluttered my desk drawers, made priority piles, and disinfected my office. It is important to me to have work goals and priorities and to be organized.

At rehearsal tonight, I will attempt to multi-task less and focus on what's happening on stage. Costumes and props will get done, just not right this minute. It is important to me that the kids value our time together and view it as a positive experience.

At home, I will fold that last basket of laundry, run the vacuum, and this Sunday actually spend some time on and in my studio. It has been neglected for far too long. It is important to me that my home be a haven of comfort and creativity.

In my personal life, I will appreciate the relationships that I still have with my past loves. I will put some energy into creating new relationships. I will nurture my friendships, both near and far. It is important to me to be a friend that people value and that I enrich the lives of those that I care about in some way.

The "first quarter" of the year allowed a lot of growth with a dose of pain, but there are 9 months left in this year. I will focus on making each one special--not necessarily over-the-moon happy, just special in its own way. That is important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment