Monday, March 21, 2011

P.O.P. Day 50: New day, New chances, New adventures

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Helen Keller

Last week was not the best. It didn't kill me, but it wasn't the best by a long shot. Today will have it's rough moments since Gabby is finally going to live with Matt. He deserves his dog, but I will miss the stinker...except during fireworks, thunder storms, vacuuming, and yard work. But overall, this week is an opportunity.

It is an opportunity to process the sadness and celebrate the good times. It is an opportunity to share my enthusiasm about the theatre with my kids. It is the opportunity to meet new people. It is an opportunity to remind the people in my life how much I care about them.

I can style my hair differently, dress more fashionably, eat curried chicken pot pie (my favorite), read great books, act silly,watch trashy DVRed TV, build a scale TARDIS, laugh at stupid things and cause others to laugh at my own stupid antics. I plan on doing all these things.

Sadness and disappointment are necessary and shouldn't be avoided, but they also aren't to be wallowed in. Let them come in, recognize them, comfort them, but then put them aside. Think of all the other things that you may be missing. The smiles, the laughs, the tender moments, the new adventures. Don't let your tears blind you to the chances.

That is my plan. And I am sticking to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment