Wednesday, March 23, 2011

P.O.P. Day 52: Setting Sail, Destination Unknown

You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
~Christopher Columbus



I am 38 years old and I think that I am legitimately having a midlife crisis. You may think that I am too young for that, but if 76 is the bottom end of my old age, I'm okay with that.

So, yeah, midlife crisis. If you had asked me 5 years ago what I was doing with my life, I would have laughed and told you that this IS what I am doing with my life. The same question a year ago would have garnered a completely different answer. 3 months ago-different answer, 3 weeks ago-different answer, today I have no answer.

I know that I have grown immensely in the last 15 months. I know that I am a completely different version of Louise. I know that I want to continue to grow. What I don't know is where, how, or with whom. Some people buy flashy cars when they go through a huge identity crisis like this, though I don't think that an Elantra falls into that category.

Bottom line: I don't know what I want to do when I grow up, I don't know where I want to sail, I don't know who will be on my crew. I do know that I am stocking provisions, coiling rope, looking at maps and getting ready for the voyage.



No comments:

Post a Comment