Tuesday, March 15, 2011

P.O.P. Day 44: A lot...

I didn't intend to take a blog break, it just happened. Some personal stuff happened, some health stuff happened, the plays were just kicking off...so in a word, LIFE.

Life was easier when what happened was just enjoyable. Think about being a child. Kids never complain because they have bikes to ride AND trees to climb AND berries to pick AND bugs to catch. They revel in all their options. You rarely see an eight-year-old freaking out because they have to make a choice between baseball or lying in the grass.


As adults, we become overwhelmed by our own crap. We choose what we are involved in and who we are involved with. The health stuff, I can't really do anything about except take my meds, but otherwise it is my choice. I have to find the balance, devote time to worthwhile things, share my feelings when necessary, take a rest when I am just worn out.

We could learn a lot from the younger generation. Take enjoyment from your options. Do a little of all the things you love. Make choices that make you happy and life won't feel like such a burden.

Now, if only I can practice what I preach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment