Thursday, March 17, 2011

P.O.P. Day 46: It adds up

Enjoy the little things in life for one day
you will look back and realize they were the big things.

I am a cheeseball. Everyone knows this. A full-fledged, sappiness-loving, quotation-hording, happy momento-stashing cheeseball.

I have had a few setbacks recently and some doozies in the not so distant past. Things like that can really throw you for a loop. Disappointment is a harsher emotion than we give it credit for. While it is perfectly acceptable for it to get us down, we cannot allow it to keep us down.

Today is a beautiful day in my part of the world and it is too much work and a waste of sunshine to be down. So, in my cheeseball way, I want to show gratitude to my world.
  • I literally have the best friends ever.
  • My health hasn't been the best lately, but nothing is terminal. I have many more sunny days ahead of me.
  • Love doesn't always turn out the way that you hope, but sharing yourself with another person is an everlasting bond.
  • I have the daily ability to be a positive influence on the next generation. I can show them that caring and focus and dedication can go a long way.
  • Food. I love food. I try to be fit, but at my core, I am an eater. Ice Cream? Of course! Cheeseburgers? Yes, please. Mashed Potatoes? Always.
  • You know something? Not to sound too full of myself here, I think that I am pretty damned funny. My friends are funny too. Some are downright hilarious.
  • I can't dance. Well, I can ballroom dance, but I think that it is pretty common knowledge that the only other dance that I have mastered is the Davy Jones/Axl Rose. I am totally okay with that.
  • I can lace up my sneakers and go for a run. I can connect with nature or chat with a running buddy or get lost in a favorite song or just listen to my feet hit the pavement. It is something that I do for me and although I continue to have some running issues, I love it.
  • Sunshine. Warmer weather. No socks. No jacket. No worries.
Now, I will let you in on a dirty little secret here. As a child my absolute favorite song was "Country Roads" by John Denver. I admit that I still have a little bit of a soft spot for a fellow cheeseball like John.
Just in case it's not sunny where you are:

No comments:

Post a Comment