Monday, April 4, 2011

P.O.P. Day 64: Humility is a Virtue

"What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself."
~Abraham Lincoln

I am a gal that thinks that it is important to be proud of yourself and what you have to offer. But I also believe in a little touch of humility. I toot my own horn on a regular basis. I am happy to do it. I try not, however; to make false claims of awesomeness, not make myself the most important person in the room, and generally let others take the accolades.

This is a fine balance. Being awesome vs. beating others over the head with your awesomeness.

This message is especially important for my kids. They are part of a team...something bigger than themselves. There are no stars. One is not more important than the other. They must all work together to create quality. I hope that they remember this.



No comments:

Post a Comment