Friday, April 22, 2011

P.O.P. Day 82: Make your home your haven and make yourself a better friend.


Finally. I took a couple of days to do some stuff  just for me. I encourage you all to be a little selfish and find something that will benefit only yourself. That may seem like it is contrary to everything that I say here...give to others, be a good friend, make the world a better place. But in essence, being a little selfish every now and again does all those things.
By sometimes doing something that seemingly benefits just you, you are actually allowing yourself to be a better friend by becoming more relaxed and more focused on what's important. It allows you to feel pampered or accomplished and many of us pay those feelings forward. I know that I am more likely to smile, say a kind word, or offer encouragement now that I have taken time for myself. I didn't lie on the beach or sip fancy cocktails. I stripped wallpaper, I potted plants, I painted. I made my home a little more of a haven for myself. A place that I enjoy being, somewhere nurturing and uplifting. In the end, I didn't just do it for me though. That joy will spill over to all of you that I love as well. Happy Spring Break :)


My newly improved kitchen

My dress collection now has a fancier home

No comments:

Post a Comment