Monday, April 11, 2011

P.O.P. Day 71: Time to get away!


I like to pride myself on my work ethic, but hard work can only sustain you for so long. Sometimes, you just need a break. I have no definitive vacation plans, but boy, do I want some!

I still have a ton to do for the shows (lights, programs, photos) but need to step away from out for a day pr two. Many of us never take that time for ourselves, for our families, for our friends. We think that work, work, work is the way to get ahead. And sometimes it is. But not having any outlet, any means of relaxation, any way to just let go, we are sabotaging ourselves. Rest and rejuvenation helps to make us more productive during the busy times.

Try not to think of the crazy times when you are out of the house for 16 hours, sleeping little, and eating whatever is at hand as hardship. Think of it as an investment in the relaxation fund. It will come back to you in naps, road trips, leisurely lunches, and good times.



No comments:

Post a Comment