Wednesday, April 6, 2011

P.O.P Day 66: Desperately seeking...


I understand that you can't force happiness or expect to be happy all the time. Sometimes, though, we just want to be happy...have a reason to smile...not be so ambivalent.

I am struggling with holding onto my happiness this week. I know that I have a lot to be grateful for. I also know that I have some reasons to be sad. I would prefer to be happy right now though.

Earlier today, I posed a question on Facebook: What makes you happiest? My friends have been forthcoming with makes them happy. It has truly helped. Some of what makes them happy, also makes me happy. I marvel at some of the things that bring them joy. I am very glad that I asked the question. It has helped me to form a mental list. It has shown me that it doesn't have to be overriding, life-changing happiness. It can just be little things--my favorite show, my favorite foods, my favorite songs, my favorite books--that reinforce my joy.

Thanks again to all my friends. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for helping.

1 comment: