Thursday, April 14, 2011

P.O.P. Day 74: Learn, Live, Hope

I wasn't going to blog today. I figured that I was down in the dumps due to what today used to represent and you didn't need me to bring you down. That got me to thinking a little harder. Today USED to represent something wonderful and special. And now it doesn't. Of course, that doesn't devalue the years past. They are still there, although the memories are now a little tarnished. I can't change what today used to mean, I can appreciate that it means something different from now on.


So, today is April 14. There will be another one next year. And the year after that. I can mourn it or I can appreciate that I am here, I am (relatively) healthy, I have things to say and lives to shape. And I will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment