Tuesday, August 30, 2011

P.O.P. Day 213: A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste

You know how sometimes you give your dog a big, juicy bone and they just gnaw on it for days? I think my brain is doing a great best dog impersonation.


Sometimes, our minds just get a hold on something and worry it into a bigger deal than it is. It may not have been anything to worry about at all. We can embroider things until they no longer even resemble the original.

I struggle with this concept. It sometimes keeps me up at night. And it annoys me. I am (generally) a rational woman and I know better.

I am attempting to let go a little more, let life unfold around me, and stop being such a worrywart. Not sure how that will play out in the the long run, but fear has no place in my driver's seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment