Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 215: Tap into your creative spirit!


Studies show that people who engage in regular creative pursuits have richer and more full lives and are better able to handle stress and  turmoil.

Many people are under the assumption that they "don't have a creative bone in their body". Do you cook? Creative. Do you doodle? Creative. Do you make anything at all? Creative. Sing? Dance? Play guitar? Creative. Do you appreciate the creative skills of others? Guess what?  You are creative.

Anyone who knows me (at all, really) knows how important being in touch with that part of myself is to me. It is what drives me daily. If I didn't indulge in making things, sharing ideas, and enriching my world, I wouldn't be me.

Are you really being you?

A good friend and I have just launched a 365 day creativity project: Artfully Accomplished 365 to help to bolster our processes and be more active artists. We would love you to join our creative community and share and inspire others.

   “It is better to create than to be learned, creating is the true essence of life” ~ Barthold Georg Niebuhr

No comments:

Post a Comment