Thursday, August 18, 2011

P.O.P. Day 201: Staying Relevant


I have not been ignoring you, I swear. I also didn't break all my fingers or lose my computer password. I was in danger of becoming redundant...and repetitive...and saying the same thing (heeheehee).

I was unsure that I actually had anything left that my readers (and frankly I myself) would want to hear. So I took a month to just live. And you know something? It has been an awesome month. I am more content then I have been in a long time. I guess that both my writing and I needed to take a break to stay relevant. 

I have taken time (as we all should) to re-evaluate. Things that seemed oh so important earlier this summer are now just there. I realized that in some cases that it wasn't the outcome that was necessary, but rather the steps...the getting started.

For example, I really thought that the veggie garden would be this huge priority for me once I took it back from "my past life". Right now, the garden is overgrown and weedy and I am okay with that. The veggies weren't what was important. The act of taking it back and not attaching feeling to a patch of dirt.

I am no closer to a professional jewelry program and becoming a full-time designer. What I am is someone who understands how important creativity is to me...how much a part of me it is. And I am okay with that.

Everyday is another chance to adapt, appreciate, and evolve. Through those processes, I will remain relevant. Not just to you, but to me as well.

1 comment: