Monday, August 22, 2011

P.O.P. Day 205: Stop! Thief!


There are real things in this world to be worried about--disease, zombies, saving. But most people that I know (myself certainly included), tend to worry about the little stuff or worse yet, stuff that we make up. I spent a good part of this morning worrying about something that I think was just in my own head. And even if it wasn't, I was not changing or fixing anything by worrying about it.

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.  ~Leo Buscaglia

In reality, there is typically little that we can do to affect all the garbage that we worry about. We can make sure the stove is off and the the door is locked, but we can't control the actions and feeling of others. We can change our perceptions, but rarely do we succeed in altering all our views.

What's my point today? Sometimes worrying does nothing but spoil what could otherwise be a great day. So let go and let life happen. We may be disappointed, but we may also be ecstatic.

Give yourself a break.



No comments:

Post a Comment