Wednesday, May 18, 2011

P.O.P. Day 108: Turning Over a New Leaf (or rediscovering a leaf that you've misplaced)


This morning was overcast. I had worn my rain boots to work. Although I am making jewelry and taking back the garden, I didn't feel like that was enough. My recent health issues have left me exhausted and unable to log any gym time. I am feeling lethargic and kinda roly poly. So today, I strapped on the old Brooks running shoes and hit the trail...literally.

I am registered to run The Boilermaker in a scant 52 days. I haven't run a race since Thanksgiving and my training has be sporadic at best since I injured my IT band in December. Regardless of diagnosis and whatever comes with it, I AM running that race. I don't have much time to train, but I am going to push myself to be ready. I probably overdid it today, running 4.28 miles. I will strength train tomorrow, do a short run on Friday and hopefully another long one on Saturday.

Some people meditate. So zen out while walking the dog. I run. And I will be a runner again.



No comments:

Post a Comment