Tuesday, May 10, 2011

P.O.P. Day 100: Growth

Another season has come to a close. The curtain has been lowered and the set struck. I am supremely proud of each and every student involved. Thank you.

Each show, though, comes with a little let down. The routine is gone--quick dinners, shared jokes, working through the process, helping each other. I am now granted more time to myself, but that too gets old.  The end of the show reminds me once more that I am coming home to an empty house and that gets old as well.

I am trying to re-focus and re-prioritize. That can be a let down in and of itself. It causes one to re-evaluate and sometimes that can be painful too. Crap. 

Change is good. Growth is good. One thing that I have decided is that I am going to put energy back into working outdoors and growing things.


One word can sum up gardening and reconciling oneself with your lot in life: beets. My former spouse did not enjoy beets. I do. I am growing my own beets and will enjoy them. I will not be growing hot peppers.
That past life was at times wonderful and loving and sometimes not. Same with this new life.

A season has just passed, but a new season is just beginning. The last season was indoors, usually dark, sometimes stressful but with a wonderful outcome. This new season will be outdoors, sunny, and also sometimes stressful but with a wonderful outcome. I am in a funk, but hope that a little sunshine, a dash of fresh air, a sprinkling of dirt and some anticipated growth (in many ways) will snap me back into shape! plus, all that time in the garden will give me the chance to decide next season shows ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment