Tuesday, May 17, 2011

P.O.P. Day 107: Channeling the Fear


So lately, I have been pretty overwhelmed with the fear of the unknown. There is something wrong with me and no one knows what it is...yet...

I had a few days when the show was over and I was out of sorts and afraid. I thought that I would be paralyzed by my uneasiness. And for a while, I was. But I decided that I have talked so much about my dreams and goals that maybe some time in the studio was what was needed.

I cleaned. I sketched. I organized. I pondered. Then I picked up the hammer. I began my first new design. I channeled my fear into creating. The weight of the hammer in my hand and the shining newness of the metal on the bench began to take some of that uneasiness away. With every stroke and cut, I remembered that regardless of how I feel or if anyone purchased these new creations, I was fulfilling a goal. I am making the world a more beautiful and positive place. Ideas are coming stronger. Projects are intricate than before. I have ordered new tools to take it to the next level. I have increased my facebook and twitter presence.

 My jewelry has always been uplifting, but I decided to design a new line specifically inspired by this blog.

What posts would like to see transformed into a work of wearable art?


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only removed the last one because I wanted to add to it...

    I liked "Getting Started" and "Relinquishing Control." I struggle with both of those things!

    ReplyDelete