Friday, June 24, 2011

P.O.P. Day 145: Facing Fears



So everyone knows that it has not been a great driving year for me. But hey, I didn't die and got a new fun car out of the ordeals. I have had increased driving anxiety since then though. But this weekend, I have the opportunity to show one of my favorite cities to a good friend. Problem is that it is a busy city surrounded by very busy roadways. Yikes.

BUT, I don't want to be limited in my world. If I just stay around Homer/Ithaca, life will get pretty boring pretty fast. Plus, don't I teach kids to work through their fears and excel? Shouldn't I practice what I preach?

I have gotten through a lot of things that I never thought I could in the last year and a half. Living alone. Making ends meet. Running races. Putting myself out there. Meeting new people. Doing shows without the support of my spouse. Going to lots of doctors alone. Do I want driving to be what holds me back?

I want to face this fear. Will the drive be easy or comfortable? Probably not. But, I want to do it. I hope that I can. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment