Friday, June 3, 2011

P.O.P. Day 124: Things


Yesterday, I had a long talk about my personal crossroads. More than that though, it is an impasse. None of my decisions are really the right or wrong. The options are many and we tried to find if the things that truly matter to me would be affected by one course of action rather than another. Much to my surprise, none of the things that are most important to me will change regardless of my decision.

It may not surprise most of you to learn that the most important aspects of my life are my creativity and my friends.

While I would LOVE to have a creative job, I am happiest when I have a creative life. Between theatre and design, writing and gardening, reading and exploring, I guess that I am much more fortunate than others in the creativity department. Like most though, I have taken that for granted. Not everyone gets to conceptualize and then actualize shows. An in-home studio is exactly commonplace either. Luckily, I am more aware and grateful of those things. Though that doesn't make any decisions easier, it makes me happy to know that I am so fortunate.

I enjoy being and having great friends. To me, my friends are just like my family. They are the family that I choose. I love being a person that has your back, that maybe makes your day a little brighter, that you want to see. I love having people that I can call any time and no matter how long it has been since we've last spoken, we can slip right back into it like we see each other everyday. I am blessed in that respect.

So, the map hasn't gotten any clearer and the decisions haven't suddenly become no-brainers, but it is good to know that no matter which road  I take that if I keep those things that most important with me, I am all good.



No comments:

Post a Comment