Thursday, June 23, 2011

P.O.P. Day 144: Pick yourself up and dust yourself off


No, I didn't fall off the Earth. Well, not literally anyway. I have just been having a hard time celebrating my positive moments when my negative ones are so much more overwhelming. I am valiently trying to break that cycle.

Regardless of tests, diagnoses, trips to doctors, and general malaise, I DO have things to celebrate. I DO have the opportunity to make every day special. I have just not been taking that chance lately.

I am extremely proud of the cast and crew of Maccers and their many wins at the Cortland Rep Pavilion Awards. I am proud of myself for completeling two 5Ks so far this year. These are the types of things that I need to remember when I am feeling like I have nothing going for me. My students rely on me to be a positive and motivating force in their lives.

So, here I am, back to doing something that I love. And living for the moment. And making that moment the best that it can be. Now to strap on those sneakers and get that part of my life back too!


No comments:

Post a Comment